Every woman has different financial circumstances and goals. So, there are no set instructions to tell you how much life insurance to buy. Many times it comes down to balancing how much you think you need with how much you can comfortably afford in your budget. The majority of women are grossly underinsured. Many people only have 4 times their annual income in life insurance coverage.
Realistically, you should have 10 to 14 times your annual income in life insurance coverage.
CLICK the link above to calculate your specific needs. This is by far my favorite calculator for estimating your families needs in the event of your death.
5 Reason To Use This Calculator
- Looks at IMMEDIATE and FUTURE financial obligations
- Specifies options for PUBLIC or PRIVATE college for your children
- Assumes you will NOT receive Social Security income (As Women and Americans, we can not count on this in our futures)
- Considers if you have a spouse that works, for how many years, and accounts for marginal tax rate
- Takes inflation rate into consideration when calculating a figure
You can call us directly at (619) 933-0736 if you need further assistance calculating your financial needs for life insurance.
Latest posts by Ellen Edwards (see all)
- PTSD and Life Insurance for Women - April 22, 2015
- 3 Best Life Insurance Companies for Women With Diabetes - April 2, 2015
- Life Insurance for Insulin Dependent Diabetic Women - March 28, 2015
- Gestational Diabetes and Life Insurance for Women - March 21, 2015