Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women in the United States. Breast cancer is second only to lung cancer as a cause of cancer deaths in women.
You may think that if you have a history of breast cancer then there is no way to obtain life insurance unless you did it before your diagnosis.
Life Insurance For Female Breast Cancer Survivors Is Becoming More Common
The truth is that life insurance for female breast cancer survivors is becoming more common because of advances in medical care, treatment options, increasing awareness and self exams. The life insurance industry has lots of experience underwriting breast cancer based on a survivor’s situation and history.
The good news is that life insurance for female breast cancer survivors is attainable if detection is early on and the proper treatment is followed.
Life Insurance For Female Breast Cancer Survivors: Common Underwriting ?’s
- At what age were you first diagnosed?
- How was the cancer treated? Removing the tumor only? Lumpectomy or wide excision? Mastectomy? Radiation Therapy? Chemotherapy? Or Hormonal Therapy (Tamoxifen)?
- What was the date that the treatments were completed?
- Are you currently on any medications? If so, what?
- What stage was the cancer and what was the size of the tumor? Stage 0 (In-situ), 1, 2, 3, 4 or ?
- Were lymph nodes involved? Is so, how many?
- Has there been any evidence of recurrence? If yes, please give details.
- Date and results of last mammogram
Pathology and surgical reports provide the best information in providing a proper classification for life insurance.
PLEASE NOTE: ALL companies will want some time to pass since you’ve had your last treatment. Specifically the following:
Stage 0 Breast Cancer (in-situ): 3 years with mastectomy, otherwise 5 years. If less than 3 years, add flat extra.
Stage 1 Breast Cancer: 5-7 years. If less than 5 years, add flat extra.
Stage 2 Breast Cancer: 7 years
Stage 3 Breast Cancer: 10 years with a flat extra, most likely Graded Death Benefit (Limitations in death benefit payout during the first couple years).
Stage 4 Breast Cancer: Graded Death Benefit ONLY
The More Detailed Information, The Better!
Answers to these questions above will give us a more accurate picture of what the likely outcome of underwriting will be on your life insurance case. It also provides us the ability to quote realistic numbers to you. These cases can be complex and challenging at times, but at ITQ we will go the extra mile to make sure you get the best possible offer out there! We value you as a person and client.
For more information about obtaining life insurance for female breast cancer survivors or to obtain a no obligation, no hassle quote…please feel free to give us a call at (619) 933-0736.
*Written by Ellen Edwards. InsureTheQueen.com and its representatives do not give medical, legal or tax advice. Please consult your own physician, legal or tax adviser.
Latest posts by Ellen Edwards (see all)
- PTSD and Life Insurance for Women - April 22, 2015
- 3 Best Life Insurance Companies for Women With Diabetes - April 2, 2015
- Life Insurance for Insulin Dependent Diabetic Women - March 28, 2015
- Gestational Diabetes and Life Insurance for Women - March 21, 2015